Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, July 18, 2011

Story Catch-up

Here are a few things to amuse you...
I have scrolled down my fb status page and collected all the funny "kid" stories I have.

**In February the third floor water heater stopped working.  The heater on the first floor was still working so I decided to give the kids a bath in the kitchen sink.  This is something of a Chevalier tradition.  Jevin was okay with the idea until I made a joke as I was picking him up. At this point (silly me) I said, "Oh, it's time to make Jevin Soup."  I can liken his reaction to that of giving a cat a bath.  Nothing I could say could take back that joke.  He absolutely would not have it. 

**Josie's favourite phrase is "Freak out."  I suppose I use it a little to much.  She even conjugates it correctly.  "I'm freaking out!"  "I'm going to freak out!"  "I freaked out!"  Oh, joy.

**In April Jevin was going through the colours on his toy train.  "Blue, lemon, orange, green, strawberry."  It sounded delicious.

**He doesn't do it now, but as recently as May when asked, "What colour are your eyes?"  he would respond with, "Orange."  And he still stalls on the hair colour question but sometimes will answer, "Black," because all his classmates have black hair.

**Josie has known her months for a long, long time.  Her kindergarten had a wonderful little song that drilled it into her brain.  Being able to tell time via months, only happened a couple months ago.  In May she announced to her, "Daddy! Say happy birthday to me!  It's almost my birthday.  Two more months."

**When our cousin was up, he and Jason went to Snake Alley night market and they actually ate snake soup.  When I told the kids that Jevin responded with, "Is kusting!"  Naturally, I had to agree.

**In June we went out to a restaurant that had clams.  I don't eat seafood, but the kids have Taiwan-tummies so I put some on their plates.  I just assumed that the schools had clams on their menus but now I question that because when I gave Jevin the clam, he started crunching down on the shell!  I had to show him the soft, gross part in the middle.  He enjoyed that part much better than the shell.

**Life with pop is not fair.  Jason can drink his Coke Zero everyday without any mini-mes begging for some.  On the rare occasions that I have a ginger-ale, I cannot escape the, "Mommy, share."  I found a strategy that works for me though.  If I put the ginger-ale in a coffee cup, I have no problems at all.

**Josie's grammar is so fun.  Sometimes she will speak Chinglish.  An example is when she asks to turn on the light she will often say, "Open the lights," to which I respond that I can't because I don't have a screwdriver.  Haha... Once however she was inspecting her bruises and in comparing two of them she said, "Wanna see something badder?"  I said, "Badder or worse?"  She responded, "Worser."

**Last month we saw a car hit an ambulance.  We were at the red light.  The ambulance was going through his green that had just changed to a left hand turning arrow.  The car went as the ambulance was going through.  We had a front seat view.  It really affected Jevin.  He couldn't stop talking about it.  Even now when he plays with his cars, he reenacts the whole scene again and again.

**Josie's eyes almost popped out of her head when I told her that lemons were yellow in Canada.  They are green here.  No, they are not limes.  They are green lemons.

**Lady Gaga came to Taiwan.  The mayor of Taichung even called it Lady Gaga day.  She held a free concert for those who bought her new album.  Josie asked, "Why do you need to buy her elbow to see the concert."  Jevin pipes up, "I want her Elmo."

**Josie came home talking about a new friend at her summer school.  She said, "Luckful he speaks English."

**I had gone out on Sunday and when I returned Josie was so excited to tell me that they had been watching the music channel and had just seen Black Guy Pees (Black Eyed Peas).

I guess these stories can now be filed away for the 3rd Edition of the Letkeman Cookbook. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment