Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Trip to Kending - Day 3

On our third day we made or way through the Aquarium in Kending. I'm not to fond of fish but Josie sure was interested. And, having more than enough time to go through it this time, we discovered a whole other building with new wonders for her to indulge in.

And a couple of stories before you browse through the pictures... The ride home was long. Going there and coming home we played a game that my Auntie Cathy introduced to me when I was young. When we went over bridges we would lift our feet so they wouldn't get wet... and when we went through tunnels we would duck. There were many tunnels on our Kending trip and every time we would tell Josie to duck. So finally in the last tunnel on our ride home Josie announced, "I don't want to say duck anymore. I want to say turtle!"

Now, as Daddy was driving late at night on the empty freeway, his foot got a little heavy. He might have been traveling a little fast... And then it happened... The highway patrol flagged us down. So Jason pulled over. He rolled down his window and we waited. The cop knocked on my window, which sort of scared us a bit, but that makes sense not to stand on the traffic side of the road. Well, without looking in he started his ramble in Chinese and showed me the radar gun. It was then that he saw we were "Foreigners". I was like, "Ohhh, yes you were speeding, honey." The cop then asked how long we had been in Taiwan - in Chinese. In English I answered, "Oh, quite a while but we don;t speak that much Chinese." At that point, the ever helpful little Josie piped up. "I SPEAK CHINESE."
Jason, "Be quiet Josie."
Josie, "But I do. I speak Chinese."
Jason, "Be quiet Josie!"
Josie, "But Daddy I can speak Chinese."
Thank goodness the cop was too flustered with us being foreigners that he didn't hear the helpful one. He just waved us on and Daddy didn't get a ticket. Phewf!

Yo, man. Jevin in da house!
"Hello, Dolphin? Are you there?"
She asked me if I wanted to talk to the dolphin. I thought it was just some information on dolphins. I said no because I didn't speak Chinese so I wouldn't understand. I saw another parent giggle as I said that. Apparently it was just the sound of a dolphin. Oops. :P
Jason's shark pictures... I really like the top one.

Bad girl, Josie!
So this foreigner was selling ice cream at the aquarium. Perhaps he was Russian. I found it so funny when he asked if Josie could speak Chinese because his English was too poor. Haha.
And then he gave her a cone and through in two more, all for the price of one. Nice guy.



Okay... so we said, "Josie you can play in the water if you don;t get your clothes wet." Of course she agreed. And of course, she conveniently fell so she was soaked which opened up the entire pool to her. Sneaky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment