Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, May 29, 2009

Sick Days...

On Saturday night (5/23) Josie we were eating dinner as usual. Josie was eating slowly as usual. We all finished and waited and waited and waited. Finally we gave up and moved to the living room, leaving Josie to finish eating in the kitchen. And she had the usual excuses, mainly "My tummy hurts." Apparently it did as she spewed EVERYTHING on to the rug!
After cleaning her up, Jason took her to the doctor across the street. He gave her an injection in the butt. She was not impressed, but it did help to keep everything inside for a while. We let Josie sleep on the couch with a barf bucket next to her. I slept on the living room floor just so I could keep an eye on her. (Ohhhhh, my back!) Well, she woke up and... PUKED! By this time it was Sunday, so there were no clinics open. I decided to take her to the Christian Hospital's Pediatric Emergency. I resembles a normal doctor's office, not the frightening real ER. And although the other hospital had Sunday hours, the doctor that was on is the BEST so I knew we would need to wait for a very long time and her vomiting was getting progressively worse.
The first doctor's English was... not wonderful. She asked us to stay in the Pediatric Observation Unit (POU) and gave Josie an IV. Of course we followed her instructions. I had explained that we had gone to the doctor the night before. Someone else came to us later and asked us why we went to a pharmacy and not a doctor the night before... Another reason why I say her English was poor. No worries, her shift was over shorty after we arrived and the remaining doctors spoke English well.

I had seriously thought that the doctor would just give us meds and let us go home, so I had brought little. Jason came later that afternoon with some things, but obviously he had to bring Jevin. All the nurses were like, "Oh so cute... Oh so... HOT! Go see the doctor!" Yep... Jevin joined the ranks. He has tonsillitis! So he went, got meds and then the boys went home.
Josie puked all day but eventually she was able to hold some water in after they put some other meds in her IV. I begged the doctor to let us go home. He agreed and we left.
I wanted to keep an eye on her, so I stayed in her bed with her. It was smart and stupid at the same time. As she was puking all over the bed and me, I was able to grab the barf bucket to minimize the spew.
Needless to say, when she threw up again in the morning, we went back... and got to have an IV all over again. Oh yay!

Now it was Monday meaning we could see a doctor in outpatient department. Haha... He said that we needed to stay and that we should go back to the POU. Talk about eating crow. I guess I shouldn't have begged the doctor to let us go. The same one that discharged her the night before was there again.
Once again we stayed all day only this time, when we left, we didn't need to return.
We kept her home Tuesday and Wednesday as well. Thursday and Friday were Dragon Boat Festival holiday days for the country.
As of today, she seems much better. The hyperactivity has certainly returned! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment