I have been saving up all the funny things Josie has said to me. I just haven't had the time to get on the blog, so I kept a paper in the kitchen. She usually said these things around dinner time... I have four funny little experiences ...
1. She had learned about Dragon Boat Festival which we will have next week. So she came home telling me all about rice dumpling and all sorts of things... But my favorite was when she was telling me about the Dragon Boat Vegetable.
2. It has been hard for Jevin to learn Bye-Bye. These last few weeks, he has done it randomly... certainly not on cue. So when one of her teachers said goodbye to us and Jevin waved bye-bye we were shocked. And Josie said, "Jevin waved bye-bye. I knew it. I knew he could do it. My heart is not broked anymore." I just thought it was cute. I think it might be one of those "you just had to be there" moments.
3. We have been talking about the three little pigs recently. There is a new school being built behind out house. She has some nice new vocab like cement, cement mixer, dump truck, etc. And since it is being made of concrete, it must be the smart little pig's house.
That leads to "Little Pig! Little Pig! Let me come in!"
"Not by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin!"
So recently I said, "Little Jo! Little Jo! Let me come in!" To which she responded. trying really hard to remember, "We don't want to let you in with our hairy chins."
4. After the wedding we came home with some favours. They were little baggies of goodies. One of the goodies was a tea light in the shape of an apple. Mistaking it for a candy, she took a bite out of it! Oh, the look on her face!!!!!
Now Jevin's turn.
So as I said before, he was having issues with Bye-Bye. Not anymore. He bye-bye's like no one's business. He also kiss-bye's. (Jason taught him that on Saturday.) And... my favorite new word.... His first words were slow or quick some may say. Josie only said one sound from about 5 months on, so it was easy to say her first word was Da-Da. He had numerous sounds from about 5 months on. It was hard to say any sound was his first word. He has definitely mastered the word Daddy. It is his favorite word... but another has finally made its way into his vocabulary. It was during nap time on Saturday. He didn't want to sleep. He just stood in his crib screaming..... "Mama, Mama,Mama, Mama, Mama...." Until now he has only said "Ummummummuuummmuummm." Woohoo!


No comments:
Post a Comment