4/21
So as I was driving home today I happened to see a truck... Well, actually the truck tried to cut me off. I made my way through traffic and at the next red light we ended up almost side by side. I happened to look over and.... Tada! There was baby Josie and baby Olivia! Needless to say, I pulled out my phone just in the nick of time!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4/20
In addition to Jevin's excitement two weekends ago... he decided to get sick every time we gave him medicine. Since I believe in finishing a sickness at the hospital we started at, I took him back to the big hospital. Thank goodness the English speaking nurse, Sho-Lien, was there. Sho-Lien helped me the whole way through. I mean, I can do it myself, but it is so much easier when an expert shows me where to go and what to do. We had to take x-rays. NOT FUN!!! And he turned out not to be as bad off as the doctor had thought. (Oh and I asked yet another doctor about the first one saying "Whooping Cough" and Jevin being vaccinated for that... Perhaps the first the first doctor was just making a comparison to the sound of the cough. It definitely must have been a communication error.)
So in this picture we are at a coffee shop waiting for our number to be called at the doctor's office. Jevin is drooling over all sorts of cakes that he will never get. Though, I guess he was cute enough to attract attention. The servers were all trying to get him to smile and one even brought him a cookie.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~4/19
The local McD's had a show on Sunday. On Thursday I got some take out from McD's (to speed up dinner - explained below). We picked up this flier that said that Ronald McDonald would be there. I thought it was pretty cool, so I took her. Well, was it ever cool!!!!!!
He asked questions and played games and did all sorts of things. Josie had a great time and even won a prize. Then we went inside and I handed Josie a one hundred NT dollar bill and told her to order the Happy Meal that she wanted. They gave her an ice cream cone and her Happy Meal for free. I was shocked...
Then when we were upstairs, Ronald came up for pictures with everyone... And I mean everyone! Not just the kids, but all the people. He went to every table. It was very, very cool. I have no memory of Ronald McDonald expect from commercials. Josie was totally into it!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~4/18
Saturday was a wonderful day! We had rain all week and then Saturday was a gloriously sunny day. Josie and I got up early and left the two boys at home. We went to Ba Gwa Mountain and played. First she rode a mechanical horse. Then we went to the playground where she met a little girl. Josie played with her for a bit and then we moved on to the sand picture place. Basically it is a picture made up of stickers. You remove certain parts and cover them with the sand to create a picture. It is fun. We invited the little girl to join us and bought her a picture too. Josie had so much fun. One of the merchants even helped Josie and the girl make their pictures.
Hello Kitty was her first choice and the Power Rangers was her second pick.


The view of Changhua City from Ba Gwa Shan.
Josie with Buddha behind her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~4/17
Josie always asks to play in her school's playground. I let Jevin walk to school on Friday. He was happy. They played for about 20 minutes. Then Jevin FREAKED OUT. It was even hard for me to carry him home.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~4/16
Josie failed a test at school. Not to worry. She is only 4 years old. She failed an eye exam given by the Huatan Health center (as I understand it). We then had to take her to a 'real' eye doctor and have her checked out. The technician put these glasses on her and popped lenses in and out. Then we got to see the doctor. He took a look at her eyes and said she had an astigmatism. Then he prescribed eye drops to fix it... and we are to go back in two weeks to see if they helped.
EYE DROPS!!!! Come on!!! Once again, another example of Taiwanese doctors' over prescribing.
I pretty much think it is her lot in life to have glasses. We all have them: parents, aunts, cousins, grandparents. And from what I can read, the only way to fix astigmatisms are either glasses or surgery. EYE DROPS???!!! Ack!




No comments:
Post a Comment