Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hospitals

On Monday evening Josie started feeling yucky.  We canceled her field trip in anticipation.  We also went to the doctor to get some meds hoping to minimize the sickness.  Sadly it did not work.  Tuesday she woke up throwing up.  We calmed the stomach and kept her close all day.  By the late afternoon her temp was around 39.  We got the medicine in her and it still didn't go down.  We had to put the dreaded super strong fever meds in her.  It worked after a while.  But around 1:30 am she was throwing up again.  I packed her up and took her to the Peds ER.  We stayed all night and finally left this afternoon.  She had to be rehydrated and get her fever in check.  It's still hanging around, but at least it is easier to be sick at home.  Hopefully we don't need to make another trip in tonight.
 I said, "Josie, why are you frowning?"  She said, "Mommy, I'm in the hospital.  I have to look sad."
And the rabbit look...
Oh, mom... You'll be interested to know that she has a new phrase now... One from my childhood.... "BARF BUCKET"

No comments:

Post a Comment