On Tuesday we went to Mala Bay with our old friend Sherry. Two years ago, Sherry and the family moved back to Australia. They returned this summer (minus Tim) to visit with family and friends.


It was absolutely amazing inside. I had never been to Mala Bay Waterpark before. Mala Bay shares the property with the amusement park, Discovery World. We have been to Discovery world many times.I could not believe what wonderful rides they had inside.
We started off by going on a river tube ride. Josie fell off once. Thankfully there was a life guard around to put her back on her tube. Monique fell off MANY times. I didn't fall off any times which is a really good thing since I don't have the agility that those young ones have.
Then we found some small slides that were attached to a watery playground. The kids had some fun going up and down and up and down and up and down and up and down... Well, you get the point. Then there were big people slides next to it. We went on the double tubes down these big slides. Josie and I went together and Sherry and Ryan went together. Monique was fearless. She went on her own. Then after a bit Sherry and Anna went. Then Josie and Anna went. The whole time Monique was up and down and up and down on the faster single tube ride.
After that we walked around a bend only to find a huge area full of bubbles.... lots and lots of bubbles. After making ourselves bubbly we rinsed and continued to explore.
We found moterized tubes. It was like bumper-tubes. They also shot water. It was great.
We walked some more and found a wave pool. There was all this build up and then a little wave. We were like, "Is this it."........ AND THEN IT HAPPENED! THIS FREAKING TSUNAMI ROLLED OUT!!!! Everyone's jaws dropped... Then the adrenaline kicked in. "MOVE BACK! MOVE BACK!" The next few tsunamis we were prepared for. After about five tsunamis, the regular waves that one would associate with a wave pool came.
After that we found the kiddy pool. Oh that was nice. They had these lilypads on the water under a net. Anna and Monique did that soooooo many times. They were pros at it. These teenagers came along and tried and all fell in the water, but not Anna and Monique.
And then it was time to go home and collect Jevin from school. Yes, I left him there for the day. I felt that Mala Bay may not be age appropriate for him.
And here's where the real fun begins....
I went to the car and... NO POWER!!!
Perhaps it would just be easier to copy and paste the letter of commendation I sent to Mala Bay.
To Whom It May Concern:,
I am writing to tell you about the wonderful service provided to me by a member of your parking lot security team.
Mr. Lin, Way Jhe went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure the safety and well-being of my passengers and myself. He saw my hood was lifted and came to ask if we needed help. The act of asking if we needed help is not uncommon, but the additional things he did kept us calm and gave us a sense of safety. I am so impressed with his helpfulness. In my opinion, this man deserves a commendation!
Please allow me to retell the events of what happened.
On Tuesday, July 13th, 2010 my friend, her three children, my daughter and I went to Mala Bay. We had an amazing time, but all good days must come to an end. We walked back to the parking lot only to find that my car wouldn’t start. Clearly the battery was dead.
I flagged down a passing car and in my poor Chinese I asked, “ke-e jong dien ma?” (Can you boost my car?) We tried with no luck. My car was beyond dead. My friend went to find a taxi to ask for a boost. At that point Mr. Lin arrived on his scooter. He asked what the problem was. In my poor Chinese I explained that the car was dead and that my friend went to get a taxi to boost the car.
I would expect any other person to say okay and leave, but Mr. Lin did not. He stayed to make sure the taxi did come. He explained to the taxi driver what the problem was. The taxi driver boosted the car successfully and left. My friend had directed the taxi to our car, then took her child to the bathroom before returning to the car. Mr. Lin stayed with us until my friend returned, once again ensuring our safety. When he felt everything was fine, we thanked him for his fine job and said goodbye.
Mr. Lin returned a few seconds later. As he was driving away, he realized what our problem was. Our front lights were not yet turned on, but our break light was engaged. This was the reason my car had died in the first place. He looked under my brake pedal and found a broken part that was engaging the brake light. He asked us to wait and he returned with some tape and gave the brake light indicator a temporary fix.
He was truly amazing. This is what I meant when I said he went above and beyond the call of duty.
I am so amazed and grateful for his kindness and diligence.
This all happened yesterday. Today I took the car to the mechanics. Mr. Lin inadvertently ensured our future safety as well. At the mechanics they changed the small part under the brake pedal, but also checked our brakes. The brake pads that grip the tire were half the thickness that they should have been and desperately needed to be replaced. We would have never checked the breaks if the break light indicator under the pad hadn’t have been broken… and I wouldn’t have known that was broken if not for wonderful Mr. Lin.
I am SO thankful for his help. I truly hope that you give this man a commendation for his superior service to others. His help was more than I would ever expect. His example is what everyone on the security team should be like. His service was amazing!
Thank you for your time.
Karen Marsh-Hogan, Changhua
They responded that same day.
To Karen Marsh-Hogan, Changhua
Thank you for your writing and commendation..
Wonderful service provided is always our target and trying our best to struggle for.
With your commendation and encouragement, we will do our best and provide the sweetest and wonderful service. Also, we will give Mr. Lin a commendation for his responsibility and diligence.
Thank you for your time.
All staff of service from Mala Bay
Now, what was happening to Jevin at this time? Well, with all the car issues that we were having, there was no way that I would be able to pick him up before the school closed. Thankfully, Gladys was able to save us. She went and picked Jevin up and took him to her home. There, her husband and her took care of him - entertaining him and feeding him... And he was without a diaper so that means they REALLY took care of him. I am sooooooo grateful for her help!
That sums up our excitement this last little while. Until next time (which should be after the weekend as Josie has her graduation performance on Saturday!).







No comments:
Post a Comment