Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, February 2, 2009

Strawberry Picking

On the last Friday of our Chinese New Year vacation we went with our friends Shadow and Emerson to a town in Mioli County to pick strawberries. Josie loved the idea of picking the fruit herself. Jason took her out into the garden with their basket and the brought back enough to fill two boxes; a small box and a large box.
Above: Shadow with son Ulysses. Below: Emerson with son Ulysses.

Ulysses and Jevin are only two months apart... but who is older...? Ulysses weighs between 11 and 12 kilos and Jevin weighs 9.5 kilos (We know because we took him to the doctor that day... story later.) They are about the same height as well. So who is older? JEVIN!!! I don't understand why he's a little shrimp. He eats like a little piggy. He eats everything (except boiled chicken breast).
After we went to a restaurant for some traditional Hakka food. Josie of course loved it. She hates my food (story later). I took a picture of the dog because I thought it was sooooo cute that the dog got her own seat at the table. And she is wearing an egg backpack. Too cute.

We were sitting at the other table. There were seven of us at that table. Jevin was in a high chair. It had a table but not a seat belt. Oh, hindsight. Seven of us and not one person saw it happen. I turned to get some boiled radish for him and bang. He was on the floor. I couldn't even remember what position I picked him up in. I was freaked right out, but he seemed fine. He cried for a bit but then he was okay. Jason continued to feed him. Jevin ate a whole bowl of rice. (Piggy, piggy, remember.) After we made our way back to Changhua, we took him to the hospital just in case. I told the doctor that I thought everything was fine but that I would feel better if he would check him out. He did and as we suspected, he was fine. THANK GOD!!!

And on God... here's Josie's story... So Josie has a Taiwanese stomach. She loves rice more than any food in the world. And she hates Western food (except pizza, hamburgers, chicken nuggets, fries...). Basically she hates healthy western food. So last week we were saying out night time prayers. "Now I lay me down to sleep...." When she was finished I asked her if there was anything she wanted to say thank you to Jesus for. "Thank you for Mommy and Daddy. Thank you for Jevin and DeeOgee. Thank you for food. It's delicious but not Mommy's food." Ummm, ouch, thanks Josie.

No comments:

Post a Comment